myReader2 makes reading easy again
myReader 2 is the new, improved auto-reader for low vision from HumanWare. You quickly take images of book or magazine pages and myReader 2 rearranges the text onscreen.
You choose how you prefer the text to appear, making reading easy again. Zoom out to find where you are on the page, then zoom in to read.
myReader2 lets you read more, store more (10 pages at a time) and once more enjoy the world that lives between the pages of your favorite books.
Advanced technology for reading:
- CCTV magnifier-type “live” magnification
- Navigate pages and re-formats text on-screen to fit your vision needs
- Automatic scrolling with pause and re-start
- Built-in 15" screen, adjustable height and tilt
- Folding unit with carry handle
- Share monitor with a PC, including split-screen display
- NEW: easier controls to read the way you want to
- NEW: better page segmentation for flowing text smoothly onscreen
- NEW: better page contrast for newsprint and other lower- quality paper
- NEW: Multi-page storage, up to 10 dynamic pages and 3 reference pages
|Column Layout||Row Layout||Word Layout|
Store up to 10 times more than before
The original myReader could only capture one page and display it. myReader2 holds up to 10 pages at a time, plus 3 reference pages. Spend more uninterrupted time reading.
Read faster. Feel better.
Independent tests done with the original myReader show that people read faster than with a traditional CCTV magnifier, with less fatigue and no “seasickness” or arm and shoulder tension from constantly moving an X-Y table.
With myReader2, it’s easy for you to read the way you want to.
The breakthrough technology in myReader is SmartSense. Updated and improved for myReader2, SmartSense picks out the individual words in a captured page and re-formats the words into a single column as you zoom in and out.