Four tools in a single 2 lb device
The durable but lightweight design of the Zoomex Portable Scanner consists of a 2 1/2 inch digital camera on a specially designed stand, which also serves as a guide for lining up the book or document to be scanned. Because of the unique camera and stand design, the camera is always at the exact distance needed to create a clear image, and a blind user will always know exactly where to place the material to be scanned.
Zoom-Ex® as The World's First Instant Book-to-Speech Tool
Two leaps in speed:
- Instant scanning by photographing.
- Fastest OCR (image-to-text) to date.
- Synthetic voice of your choice.
- While text-to-speech reads text, the screen may differ from the text being read, e.g. you can view the picture whose printed caption is being read.Alternatively, the pronounced text can be the same as that shown; and (Yes!!!) the pronounced word is being highlighted. FF and REW are available.You can save books as text and/or image on your PC hard drive, a CD, a DVD, or key chain memory.Once the texts are saved, you can take them anywhere. Then at any time, without Zoom-Ex, you can view them or listen to them.You can print them, making you own “large print books”. The camera field of view is easily felt by contact with a right angle edge.
- Voice indicators and instructions assist the blind.
Scanning 20 pages/min while books stay bound
- Instant capture with a still camera (Zoom-Ex).
Our motion detector allows scanning 20 pages per minute without pushing a button, virtualy hands free. All you do is turn pages. Once a flat page, held at 4 corners, is sensed as still, its image gets saved. You turn the next page and hold it flat with both hands. And so on.
You can scan odd pages separately from even ones (isn’t your life getting easier?), even upside down – the software will order the pages properly. You can even capture both pages at a time.Voice indicators and instructions assist the blind.
Instant OCR and text-to-speech are available.
The camera field of view is easily felt by contact with edges at a right angle.
You can save books as text and/or images on your PC hard drive, a CD, a DVD, or key chain memory.
Once the texts are saved, you can take them anywhere. Then, at any time you can view them, or listen to them without Zoom-Ex.
- You can print them, making your own "large print books".
A magnifier with no need for an X-Y table (lines wrap)
As a magnifier, it first scans a whole page near-instantly, by photographing it. Then it magnifies the captured text and wraps the lines on-screen for easy reading. Just scroll-down, no need for an X-Y table. Lines no longer run off the screen.
- See your text in any color combination, e.g. reverse color, etc.
- Print your own "large print books", in any language, without lines running off the page. Zoom-Ex recognizes multiple columns as such. They are processed correctly. Zoom-Ex separates pictures from text and presents them separately, with separate adjustable magnification.
- With the whole page in the memory, you can magnify and view the page "as is", without any image processing. Unlike a CCTV, which needs an X-Y table, you move around the page using keyboard arrows. In this mode Zoom-Ex is more like a conventional magnifier, but with "no moving parts".
The smallest CCTV camera - The ultimate flexibility for visually impaired people
CCTV video camera turns 360° to view blackboard, take snapshots. Keyboard controls the zoom up to 40X. Store snapshots on a CD, DVD, or key chain memory. View them without Zoom-Extra.
Zoom-Extra Automatically Focuses on objects and printed matter be they one foot or one hundred feet away from the user and projects images magnified up to 50 times onto a computer screen.
Keyboard keys control: zoom, brightness, contrast, colors.
- Zoom-Extra is a 1 lb video CCTV camera in Zoom-Twix (absent in Zoom-Ex, which has a still camera).
- Frog allows the user to view either close or distant objects, for example, the blackboard or a book text.
It rotates 360° around both axes.
The Frog (video) image can be shown side-by-side with the Zoom-Ex (still) image. Alternatively, each mage takes the full screen.
The video camera has auto-focus.
Keyboard keys control the optical zoom from 1X to 50X.
Snapshots can be saved on your PC hard drive, a CD, a DVD, or key chain memory.
- You can take the snapshots anywhere. Then at any time, without Zoom-Twix, you can view them.