VisionAid International Readit Scholar - Education and Private User - Discontinued
*Please note: laptop not included
Readit Scholar - the World's most advanced low vision close up and distance viewing portable reading solution
Readit Scholar Description
Readit Scholar is the latest portable Autoreader / CCTV system.
Weighing just 1.5 kg (3.3 lbs) it is the ideal solution for users on the go.
As well as full close up and distance CCTV functionality, Readit Scholar has the unique ability to capture both closeup (up to A3 or double Letter in size) and distant objects. Any text can then be automatically scrolled on screen and read aloud in seconds!
Who is Readit Scholar for?
Readit Scholar has been specifically designed for the requirements of students, business professionals and anyone on the move with a laptop PC.
However, it also makes an ideal desktop solution that can easily be moved between locations (e.g. home and work).
Simply remove it from its included rucksack, plug into your laptop or PC and you have full CCTV with Distance Viewing, Auto Reading, Speech and more. Whole books can be captured, read and scrolled back automatically. The whiteboard can be magnified 40x and your handwriting can be enlarged as you write! Weighing just 1.5kg, it folds flat and needs no batteries so is extremely portable.
What are Readit Scholar's Benefits?
Readit Scholar features many benefits over other digital capture systems and even more over standard laptop / desktop video magnifiers:
- Users Read Faster: This is Readit Scholar's main benefit. With digital capture up to A3 (or double Letter), OCR of close up and distant objects, and speech output, users can read over twice as fast as traditional units for longer periods with less strain so they can focus on the meaning of the documents, rather than struggling to just read it.
- Read back of your documents: Users get the benefit of both automatic scrolling AND speech output of their document if they wish, further helping to increase reading speed and document comprehension.
- 9 megapixel images: Readit Scholar's image resolution is 3x that of the nearest alternative product for closeup capture and a staggering 30x larger for distance capture. This means you get superbly sharp images for OCR at both closeup and distance.
- Distance Capture: See distance objects in a new way. Instead of trying to finely adjust the camera to see an area of a whiteboard or projector, simply capture the whole screen then move it around with your mouse or trackpad. You can even read any text back out loud!
- No X/Y table required: Even for large documents and books, Readit Scholar's virtual X/Y table with word wrapping means once you've captured a document, you'll never again accidentally miss a line when reading.
- Storage / Export: Entire books can be stored and retrieved with the press of a button so they don't have to be carried! Even export them to MS Word for editing!
- Fastest Set Up time: Readit Scholar has been specifically designed to be as fast to set up and take down as possible - it takes less than 15 seconds. Just unfold it, plug in one USB connector and you're ready!Nothing to screw in or plug together!
- No Batteries: All Readit Scholar needs is one USB 2.0 port - no need to worry about keeping a separate battery charged.
- Incredible price: Laptop units that only offer close up and distance viewing are more expensive!
Readit Scholar's Features
Readit Scholar has many advanced features to help you read faster and with less effort and strain than ever before.
Enhanced views for reading
Together with the high contrast two colour reading mode, Readit Scholar features 4 other ways to read.
Fold flat design and fast to setup
Simply lift the Readit Scholar from its carry case, plug one USB 2.0 cable into your laptop or desktop computer and within seconds see the document you've placed under the camera read out aloud to you with scrolling text in your desired colour combination and size.
A3 (double letter) document capture
The Readit family are the only systems capable of capturing such large documents. For the first time, a standard size tabloid newspaper page can be captured in its entirety.
High Quality 30 fps live view for closeup and distance
Readit Scholar features a high quality live view with up to 40x zoom which can be used for magnifying local or distance objects. 16 enchanced two colour combinations as well as full colour viewing are selectable, together with contrast enhancement for viewing even very faint documents such as receipts.
High speed document capture
Capture 20 pages per minute and begin reading as soon as the first has finished processing. This is many times faster than using a scanner based reading system.
Export your documents
Once a document has been captured with Readit Scholar, you can quickly and easily export it directly into Microsoft Word (or your preferred text-editor). The document is fully editable and preserves all the formatting, layout and images. This is ideal for making a large print copy of the document whilst preserving formatting.
Alternatively, you can simply export the text with only line breaks preserved. This is ideal for making a text-only large print version.
Glossy and crumpled document recognition
Documents inside plastic folder wallets, glossy magazines and even crumpled pages are recognised accurately thanks to the powerful Readit software.
Custom designed keypad
Although Readit Scholar can be controlled entirely from a standard keyboard, every Readit Scholar includes a high contrast, tactile USB keypad which means you don't have to memorise any keystrokes and makes operating the Readit Scholar very intuitive
Readit Scholar is available in most European languages. Please contact us for details.
Large book and round surface capturing
Thanks to its advanced software, Readit Scholar automatically straightens the spines of books for you - something which scanner based reading machines struggle with. It can also read labels on tins of food and even some prescription medicine bottles.
Local to distance viewing in an instant
Simply lift the camera up and turn it to your desired target. You can either view objects in the distance with a full live view or simply capture your entire target and then move the image around with your trackpad or mouse. Images remain crystal clear even after capture thanks to Readit Scholar's 9 megapixel resolution. This process greatly simplifies viewing of distant objects.
|Lift the Camera up 90 degrees||Rotate and tilt to desired target|
Readit Scholar's Included Accessories
Readit Scholar comes with the following accessories included as standard:
- Tactile USB Keypad (not required to operate Readit software).
- A4 perspex sheet for extremely thick books or bent pages.
- Comfortable over ear headphones with in line volume control.
- Rucksack specifically chosen for carrying the Readit Scholar, up to a 15.4" screen laptop, other accessories and documents.
|Magnification Range Live:||Up to 40x|
|Magnification Range Captured:||Unlimited|
|Dimensions (cm):||36.5 x 21.5 x 5.5|
|Dimensions (inches):||14.5 x 8.5 x 2|
|Weight:||1.5 kg (3.3 lbs)|
|Power requirements:||Less than 500 milliamps at 5 volts|
Readit Scholar Requirements
Although Readit Scholar should function on any computer system 3 years old or newer, below is information on the minimum and recommended computer requirements.
|Processor:||Single Core Intel Pentium 1.6Ghz or equivalent|
|Operating System:||Windows XP or Vista - 32bit (XP recommended)|
|RAM:||XP 512MB, Vista 1GB|
|HDD Space:||Language dependent, minimum 400MB|
|Graphics Card:||64MB shared video memory with Direct X 9.0C Support|
|Connections:||1 x USB 2.0 Port|
Recommended Computer Specification
|Processor:||Dual Core Intel Pentium 2.0Ghz or equivalent|
|Operating System:||Windows XP|
|RAM:||XP 1GB RAM, Vista 1.5 GB RAM|
|HDD Space:||Language dependent, maximum 4 GB|
|Graphics Card:||64MB dedicated video card memory with Direct X 9.0C Support|
|Connections:||1 x USB 2.0 Port (2 if keypad required)|