VisionAid International ReadEasy+ Low Vision Feature Pack add-on (no screen)
An add-on for the ReadEasy+ that also allows your documents to displayed in large print onto a monitor or television
Please note, this product requires a ReadEasy+ in order to function. The main listed price is only applicable at the time of purchase with a ReadEasy+. If purchased at a later date, the price increases to £300.
ReadEasy+ Low Vision Feature Pack add-on Description
This add-on includes all of the features and hardware of the ReadEasy+ Keypad feature pack add-on, with the addition of a trackball navigation device and the ability to connnect your ReadEasy+ to a screen to be able to see the text.
This allows your captured documents to be displayed on to any computer screen or flat-screen television in a size, colour and format chosen by you!
Who is ReadEasy+ Low Vision Feature Pack add-on for?
This add-on is for anyone who would like the additional functionality of the ReadEasy+ Keypad feature pack add-on, as well as the ablity to see their documents at the same time.
If you're struggling with a video magnifier, (CCTV), or have a deteriorative eye condition such as Macular Degeneration, then the ReadEasy+ with Low Vision Feature Pack could be the ideal system for you.
Its automatically reformatted text makes it far easier and faster to read than the text on a video magnifier as there is no scrolling required. This means that the text size can be increased far higher than on a video magnifier with users in fact being able to read more quickly. Also, as the text is static on the screen and not moving, users experience far less eye strain and can read for longer periods.
Its Virtual X/Y mode also enables real time viewing of items placed under the camera. However, hand writing is not possible due to the framerate being low.
ReadEasy+ Low Vision Feature Pack add-on Features
- All of the Keypad Feature Pack add-on features and hardware - The Low Vision Feature Pack add-on includes all the additional features of the Keypad Feature Pack add-on, together with its keypad and keypad overlay.
- Large print output - Text of your documents is shown on screen
- Six different Visualisations - Read and see your captured documents in one of six different ways. Recognised text is perfectly clear at all sizes. Even users who struggle with video magnifier text at large sizes can usually read with the ReadEasy+ Low Vision Pack! Visualisations include, the original image, overlay, column, horizontal, vertical and word.
- Read screen-by-screen - A unique way to read your documents, for users who wish to still read their documents, rather than listen to them, simply read the text that's on the screen, press the next screen button, and instantly be shown the next screen of text. It's so much easier than reading with a video magnifier!
- Unique Overlay Visualisation - Traditionally, reading machines are not good for looking at tabular information. However, for low vision users, this feature pack allows speech, clear magnified text and the exact layout of your document to be preserved, making it the ideal way to read bank statements, diagrams, graphs etc.
- Start reading from anywhere - To choose where to start reading from, simply position your large pointer over the word and double click it! ReadEasy+ immediately starts reading from that exact word. This eliminates needing to read unwanted information right from the beginning of a document.
- Use it as a magnifier - You can magnify your documents or items without the need to capture them. Just place them under the camera and change to Virtual X/Y viewing mode, where you can magnify them up to 32x and enhance the colour combinations.
ReadEasy+ Low Vision Feature Pack Additional Specifications
|Magnification Range Live:||Up to 32x|
|Magnification Range Captured:||Effectively unlimited|
|Visualisations:||6. Image, Overlay, Column, Horizontal, Vertical and Word|
|Enhanced Colour Combinations:||Customisable (64 combinations)|