OrCam Read Update
OrCam Read Update
A software update for the OrCam Read is now available! This update will download and install automatically when the device is connected to WiFi and being charged at the same time.
The following features will be added to your OrCam Read:
- LED illumination: your OrCam Read will now light up whatever you’re capturing automatically when an environment’s lighting is too low. This function can be enabled / disabled in the menu settings.
- Voice recognition: by double clicking the capture button voice recognition can now be enabled. Below is a complete list of the vocal commands and it can downloaded from the 'Description' or the 'Manual' section on our website.
- Visual battery level indicator: each LED on the side of the OrCam Read now represents 25% remaining charge.
- Mode switch change: now pressing + and - together changes from the pointer to frame capture mode.
We will keep you updated as and when any further changes are made.
OrCam Read Vocal Commands
OrCam vocal commands can be used to more easily control your OrCam Read, change settings, and receive information.
To use them:
- Rapidly press the trigger button twice. You will hear a long beep.
- Say the vocal command. You will then hear a chime.
- OrCam Read will then tell you the information, change the setting, or ask you for more information in order to change the setting.
Available Vocal Commands Based on Categories
- Help Tell
- OrCam Read will list all of the available commands that begin with “Tell”.
- Help Settings
- OrCam Read will list all of the available commands that will help you modify your device’s settings.
- Tell the Date
- OrCam Read will tell you the date.
- Tell the Time
- OrCam Read will tell you the time.
- Tell the Build
- OrCam Read will tell you the software version.
- Tell the Battery Status
- OrCam Read will state the battery level as well as whether the device is currently charging or not.
- Tell the Device Serial Number
- OrCam Read will state the internal and external IDs of the device.
- Volume Up
- OrCam Read will raise the device’s volume.
- Volume Down
- OrCam Read will lower the device’s volume.
- Reading Speed Up
- OrCam Read will now speak and read faster.
- Reading Speed Down
- OrCam Read will now speak and read slower.
- Enter the User Menu
- OrCam Read will enter the settings menu.
- Change the Voice
- OrCam Read will ask you if you want to change the default system voice per language.
- Change the Auto Suspend Time
- OrCam Read will ask you to choose the amount of time to wait in idle state before going to standby mode.
- Enable the Reading Navigation
- OrCam Read will now enable reading navigation.
- Disable the Reading Navigation
- OrCam Read will now disable reading navigation.
- Read the QR Code
- Use this vocal command while trying to connect your OrCam Read device to the internet. Refer to Connect to WiFi instructions.
- Disable the Auto Flash
- OrCam Read will disable the automatic flash feature.
- Enable the Auto Flash
- OrCam Read will enable the automatic flash feature.
- Connect to the Bluetooth Audio Device
- OrCam Read will start the process to connect to a Bluetooth audio device..
- Check the Internet Connectivity
- OrCam Read will state the status of its connectivity to the internet.