The Crystal XL handheld magnifier is the perfect low vision aid for anyone looking for a portable design that has excellent image quality combined with innovation and style.
This device has a range of added features and functions which set it apart. There is a 3 megapixel sensor which means that when magnification is increased, the image will not deteriorate.
The newly updated version includes latest TFT (thin film transistor) display technology, the ability to capture and save up to 100 images as well as increased zoom levels of up to 14x magnification. When in the negative colour mode, the device has approximately four hours of battery life.
The battery is rechargeable (Micro USB battery charge connector - easy to connect to a broad range of charging points). When viewing mobile devices there is an Illumination control which allows user to adjust settings to allow ease of reading.
There is an integrated stand which flips out to assist with comfort and control while reading.
- 4.3 inch active matrix organic light emitting diode (AMOLED) display.
- Optimised for high reading speed - reduced ghosting of text when reading.
- Simple button arrangement for single-handed use: Power on/off, 3 steps of zoom - 3x, 4.5x & 7x, Mode (colour, positive & negative and semi-colours), Image freeze and Overview.
- Convenient flip-out stand for easy focusing.
- Integrated rechargeable battery ( - micro USB battery charge connector).
- 2.5 hours battery life in true colour mode
- 4 hours battery life in negative mode
- 3.5 hours required to charge the battery - best to do this at night time.
- Carry in your pocket, on your belt or comfortably around your neck.