Speech and braille access for Windows
ScreenReader provides a fast, robust and reliable solution for accessing modern software applications. Take advantage of comprehensive support for the latest Microsoft Office packages, the newest web browsers and a huge array of other popular programs.
Clear human-sounding speech is backed up with the option to connect a refreshable braille display. Take control of what is read back to you with an exhaustive range of options, allowing you to fine-tune it to your exact requirements.
Human Sounding Speech
- Choice of high quality, human sounding synthesisers
- 'Speak as you Type' announces characters, words or both
- 'Read from Here' announces whole documents or web page with a single keystroke
- Turn speech on or off as needed
- Male and female voices in more than 30 different accents and languages available on request
Listen to voice samples.
The Dolphin Cursor
The Dolphin Cursor provides keyboard access to application that usually require a mouse. Perfect for people who cannot see the screen or find using the mouse difficult.
Scan and Read Aloud Documents and Letters
- Includes OCR (Optical Character Recognition) so you can scan and read print documents - just add a scanner
- Scan and read inaccessible digital PDF documents
- Convert, edit and save copies of your paper documents directly in MS Word
- Read inaccessible text included in on-screen images
Braille Display Support
- Supports 50+ literary & computer braille codes for beginners, language students and programmers
- Includes the new Unified English Braille Code alongside traditional Grade I Uncontracted and Grade II Contracted codes
- 60+ braille displays supported including models from Optelec, Humanware, HIMS, Papenmeier and Orbit
Ultimate Access to Your Apps and Documents
Powerful speech and Braille access to all of your favourite applications including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Adobe Reader
- Thunderbird and Windows Mail
- Plus hundreds more!
Access to Book and Newspaper Libraries
EasyReader for Windows is available in SuperNova. This fully-accessible reading app enables you to customise the way you read, to suit your vision.
Find, download and read using EasyReader in the SuperNova 'Media' tab.
EasyReader provides direct access to the world's largest collection of accessible book libraries and newspaper services, including:
- RNIB Newsagent (UK)
- NLS BARD and NFB-NEWSLINE® (US)
- Bookshare®, ePubBooks and Project Gutenberg (Worldwide)
- CELA (Canada)
- Passend Lezen (Netherlands)
- Anderslezen (Belgium)
- Legimus and Inläsningstjänst AB (Sweden)
- NLB (Norway)
- SBS (Switzerland)
- DZDN (Poland)
Help Getting Started with SuperNova
ScreenReader comes with everything you need to get you up and running, right away!
- Key Describe Mode is great for beginners learning their way around the keyboard. While in Key Describe Mode, simply press keys on the keyboard and ScreenReader will speak and Braille what those keys do, but without actually carrying out the function.
- CAPS+F1 Help menu provides convenient access to detailed help for both ScreenReader and using ScreenReader with popular applications.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
Computer & Processor
Required: 1.5 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86 or x64 compatible processor with SSE2 instruction set support. Almost all CPUs manufactured after 2003 will support this.
Recommended: 2.0Ghz or higher multi-core CPU.
- 2 gigabytes(GB) RAM for 32-bit OS
- 4 gigabytes(GB) RAM for 64-bit OS
Required: 2 gigabytes (GB) . Additional space may be needed for optional extra voices.
Recommended: Solid State Drive (SSD)
The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Additional updates Please ensure that Windows 7 has the latest updates installed
Monitor resolution Minimum screen resolution of 800*600
Graphics adaptor that supports at least DirectX 9.1 and has a WDDM 1.1+ driver. GPU should be integrated (shared system memory) or have a minimum 128MB of GPU RAM.
Recommended: Direct X 11 Graphics adaptor with minimum feature level 10.0.
32-bit colour mode is required.
Video Adaptor limitations
- Windows 7/8.1 : External USB attached display adaptors are not supported
- Windows 10: External USB display adaptors compatible with the DisplayLink standard are supported
- Windows 7: All monitors should be connected to the same graphics card
- Windows 10: Multiple monitors and graphics cards are supported, however we recommend that all monitors are connected to the same graphics card to maximise performance
Audio Sound card and speakers/headphones for speech output.
Input Any standard pointing device (mouse/trackpad) and/or Touch screen.
Connectivity Internet connection required for automatic product updates
Media Internet Download or installation from DVD.
- Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 requires KB3033929 & KB2670838 to be installed.
- OCR feature may require an external camera or flatbed scanner.
- Bookshelf feature may require library subscription.
- Braille output requires a compatible Braille display.