Magnifier, screen reader and braille for Windows that grows with you and your sight, for life.
Whether shopping online with the latest web browsers, creating spreadsheets and slideshows in Microsoft Office, or reading your letters and other hard copy documents, with SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader you can find your perfect blend of magnification, screen reading and braille to get the job done.
If your sight deteriorates, or your task requires greater detail, with SuperNova you can: boost magnification, announce punctuation, replace difficult colours, increase verbosity, hear webpages, turn on braille. Choose the Magnifier & Screen Reader edition and be assured that SuperNova can grow with you and your sight, for life.
Each single user licence will allow installations on 3 separate devices for one user.
Download a free 30-day trial of SuperNova Magnifier & Screen Reader.
Crystal Clear Magnification
- 1.2 to 64 times magnification, with 28 sizes to choose from
- True Font magnification means text always looks beautifully smooth.
- 8 magnifier views including: full screen, split screen and a movable magnifying glass
- Automatic tracking ensures when you move your mouse pointer, type in text, or tab between links, the magnifier follows seamlessly
Scan and Read Aloud Documents and Letters
- Includes OCR (Optical Character Recognition) so you can scan and read print documents - just add a scanner
- Scan and read inaccessible digital PDF documents
- Convert, edit and save copies of your paper documents directly in MS Word
- Read inaccessible text included in on-screen images
Human Sounding Speech
- Choice of high quality, human sounding synthesisers
- Speak as you Type announces characters, words or both
- Read from Here announces whole documents or web page with a single keystroke or mouse click
- Turn speech on or off, as needed
- Male and female voices in more than 30 different accents and languages available on request
Listen to voice samples
Complete Screen Reader
- Text style information announced including: Fonts, sizes, colours, bold, italic, underline, subscript and superscript changes
- Choose from 4 verbosity schemes or create your own
- Monitor Markers observe and announce, with speech or braille, a change occurring elsewhere on your screen
- Quick navigation keys skip through web pages, Word docs and PDFs rapidly locating key elements
- Item Finder speeds up navigating complex documents and web pages, listing: Links, Headings, Comments and more
- The Dolphin Cursor explores the screen and controls the mouse, from the keyboard
Braille Display Support
- Supports 50+ literary & computer braille codes for beginners, language students and programmers.
- Includes the new Unified English Braille Code alongside traditional Grade I Uncontracted and Grade II Contracted codes.
- 60+ braille displays supported including models from Optelec, Humanware, HIMS, Papenmeier and Orbit
High Contrast Colours
- 24 colour schemes each carefully designed to reduce glare and maximise comfort
- Alternatively create a bespoke scheme, adjusting brightness, contrast or tint
- Replace difficult to see colours with shades that you recognise
Bold Fonts and Sharpen Images
- Turn on Bold Fonts and boost the clarity of magnified text in Windows and your favourite apps. Ideal for websites that use light weight fonts or low contrast font colours.
- Sharpen images to make the details easier to see. Perfect for viewing photos or low contrast website images.
Touchscreen Magnification - Easy as 1, 2, 3
Tablets and touchscreen access with SuperNova is effortless:
- Use 1 finger to pan SuperNova’s magnifier around documents and apps
- Use 2 fingers to pinch and stretch, changing the amount of magnification in any app
- Use 3 fingers to tap and change the colours and find more magnifier options
- SuperNova also includes a high contrast large print, onscreen keyboard which fits the screen width and lets you see what you’re typing.
Multiple Monitor Support
- Magnify on one, two, three or as many displays as required
- Multi-task with each document magnified on a separate screen
- Choose different levels of magnification and different colour settings for each of your monitors
- Display presentations original size to sighted audiences, keeping speaker notes magnified
- Mix & match standard and touch screen monitors, with a variety of resolutions and still get great results
Large Mouse Pointers and Focus Highlights
Choose from 4 large mouse pointer schemes or create your own:
- Set the pointer size independent of your magnification level so your text is never hidden by the mouse
- More than 200 pointers to choose from
- Choose from 6 highlighting schemes or create your own:
- Highlight the mouse pointer, cursor, word, line, Windows focus and Dolphin Cursor
- Select your preferred shape, colour, tint, size and level of transparency
Magnified Access to your Favourite Apps
Magnify all of your favourite applications, including:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Thunderbird and Windows Mail
- and hundreds more
Help Getting Started with SuperNova
SuperNova comes with everything you need to get you up and running, right away:
F1 and CAPS+F1 Help menus provide convenient access to detailed help for both SuperNova and using SuperNova with popular applications.
Key Describe Mode is great for beginners learning their way around the keyboard. Press any key on the keyboard and SuperNova will speak and braille what those keys do, but without actually carrying out the function
- High contrast, large print keys
- 18 easy to locate, tactile 'Quick Buttons'
- Fewer hotkeys to remember
- Ideal for both novice and experienced keyboard users
Use the Quick buttons to access your favourite SuperNova features, including:
- Open the SuperNova control panel
- Increase and decrease the magnification
- Switch on high contrast colour schemes
- Turn the speech on and off
Software Maintance Agreements are available for all Dolphin software and provide the following benefits:
ALL major upgrades for 12 months
SMAs, Software Maintance Agreements for organisations includes all major upgrades for the 12 months of your SMA. Recent SuperNova upgrades have included exciting new innovations, as well as support for the latest operating systems: Windows 10 support, touchscreen magnification – perfect for tablets and touchscreen laptops - Scan & Read, Connect & View via a camera & more.
For users required to make and recieve phone calls who still require use of speech software, the Duo-Comm2 and adaptor can enable this.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
Computer & Processor
Required: 1.5 gigahertz (GHz) or faster x86 or x64 compatible processor with SSE2 instruction set support. Almost all CPUs manufactured after 2003 will support this.
Recommended: 2.0Ghz or higher multi-core CPU.
2 gigabytes(GB) RAM for 32-bit OS
4 gigabytes(GB) RAM for 64-bit OS
Recommended: 8 gigabytes(GB) RAM
Required: 2 gigabytes (GB) . Additional space may be needed for optional extra voices.
Recommended: Solid State Drive (SSD)
Operating System: The following operating systems are supported:
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
Please ensure that Windows 7 has the latest updates installed
Minimum screen resolution of 800*600
Graphics adaptor that supports at least DirectX 9.1 and has a WDDM 1.1+ driver. GPU should be integrated (shared system memory) or have a minimum 128MB of GPU RAM.
Recommended: Direct X 11 Graphics adaptor with minimum feature level 10.0.
32-bit colour mode is required.
Video Adaptor limitations
Windows 7/8.1 : External USB attached display adaptors are not supported
Windows 10: External USB display adaptors compatible with the DisplayLink standard are supported
Windows 7: All monitors should be connected to the same graphics card
Windows 10: Multiple monitors and graphics cards are supported, however we recommend that all monitors are connected to the same graphics card to maximise performance
Sound card and speakers/headphones for speech output.
Any standard pointing device (mouse/trackpad) and/or Touch screen.
Internet connection required for automatic product updates
Internet Download or installation from DVD.
Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 requires KB3033929 & KB2670838 to be installed.
OCR feature may require an external camera or flatbed scanner.
Bookshelf feature may require library subscription.
Braille output requires a compatible Braille display.