Kurzweil 3000 is a powerful text-to-speech and literacy support tool that combines scanning and reading, enabling users to convert printed text into accessible electronic formats. This software supports individuals with learning disabilities, including dyslexia, dysgraphia, other learning disabilities, and English Language Learners (ELL) in school and the workplace.
Kurzweil 3000 comes with dual highlighting, which highlights a sentence, line or phrase in one colour and each word in another colour to help improve reading performance. Kurzweil 3000 also comes with a host of study-skills tools such as bookmarking, highlighting, bubble notes, voice notes, extraction of outlines or word lists.
Kurzweil 3000 is also multi-lingual, offering speech and dictionaries in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
To access a free trial please follow this link.
Other Key Features:
- Translates to any Google supported language
- Highlighters and sticky notes
- Vocabulary study guides
- Graphic organiser
- Writing templates
- Word prediction
- Direct access to Bookshare and other online content providers
- Tailors user experience to unique individual needs
- Robust support for individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Enhances education for new English Language Learners
- Supports research based instructional practices
- Aids students to meet the rigour of high academic standards.
How does it work?
Students can access content and common literacy supports from any device or computer with internet access, then dive deeper with comprehensive literacy support installed directly to Mac and Windows computers.
- Access content on the web, your computer, or in print
- Differentiate instruction with digital tools
- Save content to class or student folders (no file storage limit)
- Guide learners throughout the full learning process
- Inform instructional decisions with centralised reporting
- 31 Natural Text-to-Speech voices in over 18 languages and dialects
- Customizable reading rate and presentation
- Improve readability with OpenDyslexic font and Text magnification
- ABBYY FineReader® OCR-highest accuracy in reading aloud
- Magnify text for learners with visual impairments
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Read text in Word, PDF, EPUB, RTF, Daisy, and on the Web
- Read locked text in PDFs and images, exactly as they appear
- Access to over 1,800 classic literature texts
- Create MP3 files and add to iTunes Playlist
- Resume Reading brings opens the exact page you were last reading
- Ensure reading and test-taking integrity—now even faster—with Dual Zone Editing
- Use Page Range to bring in select pages or chapters into the online library
- Read aloud basic maths with Talking calculator
- Change background and text colour with the click of a button
- One-click access to American Heritage dictionaries®; Fifth Edition, Children’s, and College Writer's Dictionary
- Widget Picture Dictionary and Talking dictionary
- Expand word choices with the Synonym button
- Vocabulary study guides; English and bi-lingual
- Engage learners with 5 different Note tools; including Sticky and Voice notes
- Mark important place in text with Bookmark tools
- Highlight key text structures with Multiple coloured highlighters
- Cross-out text to aid with the process of elimination
- Identify important information with red and blue Circle buttons
- Create Study guides
- Organise text into Column notes
- Stay on task with research using Online reference tools within the software
- Support active reading, note taking, and chapter summaries with templates
- Translate words or full passages to 70+ languages
- Writing Path facilitates writing from beginning to end
- Map ideas with Brainstorms and Graphic Organisers
- Start writing with template Outlines
- Word prediction offers words based on frequency
- Use Word lists to facilitate the use content specific words, including Tier 2 academic vocabulary and Language of Literature
- Practice spelling and check spelling
- Speak as typing helps learners self-regulate their writing
- View outlines and drafts simultaneously with Split screen
- Bibliography in MLA8 and APA format
- Speech-to-Text is accessible with the click of a button
- Create a test or assignment with the Test-prep Toolbar
- Lock features for a test or quiz
- Password protect tests and other documents
- Create assignments with fill-in-the-blank, essay, multiple choice, short answer, true/false
- Customise accommodations with a Test-taking tool bar
- Identify specific reading zones to read silently
- Lock features at the user-level
- Save a copy of files to Google Drive
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for MAC
- Minimum Intel processor, running Mac OS 10.10 through 11.0.
- Minimum 4 GB RAM.
- Minimum 1 GB hard disk space.
- Keyboard, mouse, speakers, microphone, Internet connection for Read the Web functionality.
- Image Capture-compatible scanner