The ONYX® OCR is the ultimate, transportable low vision solution, designed for reading, writing and everyday practical activities.
Combining powerful magnification (up to 131 times) and audio playback, this 4-in-1, self-contained solution integrates a 24-inch widescreen and two separate cameras: one for transforming text to speech output and one for magnifying documents and observing the room around you. This way, you can clearly see what you want, whether it is across the room or at your desk.
Imagine reading from a newspaper, completing a crossword or viewing family photographs at a more comfortable size. With the ONYX® OCR, you can! Simply point the flexible camera towards the desktop and enlarge everyday items on-screen in superior High Definition. With plenty of space beneath the camera, reading, writing and everyday practical activities become easier. Additionally, reposition the flexible camera and point in any direction - focus on the whiteboard in a classroom or towards yourself to check you appearance.
Read long documents with Audio, Text-to-Speech Playback
If reading becomes too tiring, simply activate the Speech functionality, and enjoy audio playback of printed documents as they are read aloud.
Instantly convert any printed document into speech. Simply place the page of a magazine or a letter beneath the fixed OCR camera (positioned on the left), swipe the screen to activate the speech feature and enjoy listening in a natural sounding voice of your choice. You can comfortably access information instantly - even lengthy documents, without straining your eyes.
Point directly at columns or words with Point & Read
Quickly scroll through enlarged documents, by swiping your finger on the touchscreen. Then tap a paragraph, column or word to activate the speech function and enjoy listening to printed letters, books and lengthy magazine articles in an instant. It is that easy.
See the whole page and navigate quickly
Displays full pages and automatically identifies the document layout. Touch the screen to switch between Full Page Overview and quickly navigate to sections that you wish to read from, without losing track of where you are.
Store your documents and view your favourite photos
Benefit from the convenience of archiving letters and books, or viewing digital photos using an SD memory card or USB pen drive - and access them at your convenience.
- Four-in-one video magnifier with two separate cameras for distance, document, self view and OCR functionality
- Flexible camera to observe objects across the rooms or auditoriums in sharp focus (distance view), to magnify documents such as reading materials, daily business tasks, classroom assignments, product labels and craft projects (document view), and to get magnified true mirror image (self view)
- Convenient fixed position OCR camera to listen to documents effortlessly – Always place the document in the same place
- Touch screen monitor: Tap the screen to begin reading at any point and from any place in the document
- Displays full pages and automatically identifies the document layout
- Autofocus HD camera
- OCR camera – 13 Megapixels
- Magnification Range: 24-inch monitor: 1.7x to 131x
- 24-inch full colour TFT widescreen display
- Point & Read functionality: intuitive touch interface
- Overview: full letter page viewing
- Assistive reading with automatic text zone recognition
- Fast text recognition (OCR)
- Over 60 reading voices in 31 languages
- Saving and opening documents on a SD card or USB stick
- Large icon and large font menu
- Volume control
- Speed control
- Digital photo viewer