OpenBook software is designed to convert printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format which can be read out loud using the latest optical character recognition technology. OpenBook utilises both Nuance OmniPage and ABBYY FineReader OCR engines to bring you the most accurate text recognition available, it is possible to switch between these two OCR engines so a user can choose the best one to fit their needs. OpenBook offers the user the flexibility to choose between the two leading text-to-speech software synthesizers: RealSpeak Solo or Eloquence.
There are a large number of features available within this software which make the reading process more enjoyable for users making this the perfect low vision aid. It is possible to edit the appearance of font style, font size, font spacing and viewing mode. The split screen features enables easy comparison of the original document and the enhanced electronic document. Masking and Word Spotlighting features synchronise with the text being read, making it easy to follow the screen position during reading.
To access a free trial please follow this link to the Freedom Scientific website.
- Highlight important passages of a document for later reference
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Export to other applications like Microsoft Word or Notepad
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Emboss Braille documents directly from OpenBook
- Built-in photocopy functionality
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech in many languages
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Powerful low vision features tailor the appearance of text on the screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors
- Automatic page capture for efficient document acquisition
- Versatile document navigation and management tools maximize your productivity
- Common key commands with JAWS® and MAGic®
- Support for Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
To use OpenBook scanning and reading software, you need a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
Operating System: All 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server® 2008
Processor speed: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium® or faster
Memory (RAM): 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
Required hard disk space: 1.2 GB (on the drive containing the Program Files and Windows folders)
Video: 256 color graphics
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
Keyboard: 104 key keyboard
Acquisition device: A TWAIN or WIA-compatible flatbed scanner or a Freedom Scientific camera
CD ROM Drive