The first of its kind handheld reader for people with low vision, dyslexia, reading fatigue or other difficulties.
The most sophisticated and efficient reading device that instantly reads any printed or digital text. OrCam Read can be used in any environment, including low-light, and without requiring any internet connectivity. The device can be easily used to read any kind of printed or digital text, at home, in the office, or on the go.
- The lightest most portable reading device in the world
- Converts any printed text into clear speech within a second
- Simple to use with just 4 tactile controls
- Read by pointing the OrCam Read towards any text and pressing a button
- Unique laser targeting indicator
- Integrated 3.5mm headphone jack
- Integrated rechargeable battery with 3 hour battery life and LED battery indicator
- Weighs just 50 grams (1.8 oz)
- USB-C charging port
- No internet connection required - works anywhere
- Built-in LED automatically provides the correct illumination in more challenging lighting conditions such as restaurants
- Connects to Bluetooth headphones for privacy & increased volume
- Able to read font size 4pt and up
2 modes of operation:
1) Pointer: Locate the red arrow just below the text you want to read. Allows you to start reading from a specific sentence in your document (rather than having to listen to the entire text)
2) Area: A red rectangle allows low vision users to accurately frame an area of text to read (e.g. a document or a particular paragraph in a newspaper)
- OrCam Read works on both printed and on-screen text (e.g. PC or laptop screen, iPad, mobile phone screen etc.)
- Allows for distance reading of signs, shop names, train and airline information screens, notice boards etc.
- Simple to use voice commands
- OrCam Read requires the user to be able to hear, with or without hearing aids
- OrCam Read also requires the user to have full control over their hand movements
Training provided free of charge during demonstration and we're always here to help with completely free additional training or support via telephone, video call or email.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
Size and Weight
Device: 44.5 gr/1.57 oz
Device & Box: 326.5 gr/11.52 oz 122 mm x 25 mm x 13 mm / 4.80 in x 0.98 in x 0.51 in
Currently available in English. Additional language support will be released.
What’s in the box?
- OrCam Read
- USB Power Adapter
- USB Cable