Readit Air is a highly advanced portable autoreader / CCTV system for close up work.
Weighing just 500 grams (1.1 lbs) it is the ideal solution for computer users of all ability levels.
Simply place your document under the camera, press Enter on your keyboard and a few seconds later, your document is being read aloud to you, in your chosen text size, colour and formatting. Reading couldn't be easier!
Readit Air is for any visually impaired or blind computer user (not advanced!), who wants near instant, easy and accurate access to printed or electronic format documents.
It has been specifically designed for the requirements of students, business professionals and anyone on the move with a laptop PC.
However, it also makes an ideal desktop solution that can easily be moved between locations (e.g. home and work).
Its attachable positioning guide and custom designed positioning mat also allows users with no vision at all to perfectly place and capture their documents.
Please follow this link to hear vocalizer voice samples.
- Readit software included
- Continuous, multi-page A4 reading, ideal for books etc.
- 21 reading speeds
- Incredibly high accuracy & ability to analyse page layout to read columns
- Documents can be saved or exported
- Adjustable LED lighting
- Auto language detection (30 + languages available)
- Bank statement mode
- Lightweight & compact, fold-down camera • 4 text highlight options
- Intelligent motion detection increases accuracy & is ideal for book reading
- 3D de-skewing & depth-of-field for books (up to 10cm)
- Capture documents at up to 20 pages per minute so entire text books can be stored in minutes!
- Supports all Microsoft Multi-touch screens
- 6 enhanced viewing modes
- Powerful text search
- Save time & begin reading from exact location
- Documents can be saved or exported in: MS Word, text, PDF, MP3 & image formats; & imported from almost all file formats when MS Office is installed
- Virtual X/Y mode for quickly magnifying & enhancing small sections of text
- Soft transport pouch, headphones & contrast / positioning guide included
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
Readit Magnification and Performance
Magnification: 0.2 to 80x on a 22 inch screen (effectively unlimited)
Time to read (approximate) This depends on both the computer speed and complexity of document:
- Intel Atom (dual core): 15 seconds
- Intel Core2Duo: 4 seconds
- Intel Core i5: 2 seconds
See below for information on the Readit document format (VisionAid Document format (VAD)) and supported import / export document types with the Readit software
Please note, for importing and export for documents other than image files or PDFs, Microsoft Office must be installed on the user's computer.
VisionAid Document Format: Size per page: 0.2 to 3 MB (typically 1MB per page)
Multi-page capture speed: Up to 20 pages per minute
Import formats supported: Adobe PDF, Image (BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF), MS Excel (XLS and XLSX), MS PowerPoint (PPT and PPTX), MS Word (DOC and DOCX), OpenDocument Formats (ODF), plain text (TXT), Rich Text Format (RTF)
Export formats supported: Adobe PDF, Image (BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF), Microsoft Word (DOC and DOCX), MP3, Open Document Format (ODF) plain text (TXT), Rich Text Format (RTF).
Readit Computer Requirements
Although Readit will function on any computer system 3 years old or newer, below is information on the minimum and recommended computer requirements.
Processor: Single core Intel Atom 1.6Ghz or equivalent
Operating System: Windows XP (32 bit only), Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10
RAM: XP 512MB, Vista 1.5GB, 7 - 1GB, 10 - 2GB
HDD Space: Minimum 1GB (dependant on voice packs)
Processor: Core i3 2.0 Ghz or faster
Operating System: Windows 10 (32 or 64 bit)
RAM: 2GB(32bit) or 4GB(64bit)
HDD Space: 5 GB (to include document storage)