ReadEasy Move 2 is a portable machine that reads to you.
It translates any printed text into crystal clear speech within seconds. Letters, bank statements, books, recipes, product packaging etc. are all read with ease.
Who is the ReadEasy Move 2 for?
ReadEasy Move 2 is for anyone who needs quick, easy and accurate access to printed material.
The ReadEasy Move 2 has been specifically designed to be as simple as possible to set up and use. With its intuitive control system comprising just 6 buttons, it is ideal for users of all ages.
ReadEasy Move 2 could be the ideal system for you if you:
- Are finding it difficult to read with a magnifying glass.
- Would like to be more independent and be able to read your own documents (post, newspapers, bills etc).
- Have a learning disability.
- Find reading with a video magnifier too difficult because you can't fit enough characters on the screen to read at your desired speed.
- Find the constant movement of text on video magnifiers' screens make you tired or nauseous.
- Already have a reading machine but wish it was faster, more accurate and had more features, (available with additional feature packs).
- Have a deteriorative eye condition and would like a system that is suitable both now and for the future.
- Would like to be able to read in more than one place.
What are the ReadEasy Move 2's benefits?
ReadEasy Move 2 features many benefits over other scanner and digital capture reading machines including:
- Ease of use: ReadEasy Move 2 is so easy to use. A single button press is all it takes to start reading your document. The six tactile in built controls are all that are required to access ReadEasy Move 2's main features.
- Accuracy: ReadEasy Move 2 uses the latest camera and recognition technology to ensure it is as accurate as possible, even on complicated newspaper layouts or items such as tins of food.
- Quality of speech: Using the latest natural sounding voices, together with a custom designed, integrated, 6 watt RMS stereo speaker system, there is no better sounding reading machine.
- Speed: ReadEasy Move 2 reads your document to you in as little as 2 seconds, which means less waiting.
- Stylish and practical design: A stylish, all aluminium case together with a unique folding handle and magnetically detachable camera means the ReadEasy Move 2 1 fits anywhere in your home.
- Footprint: Occupying just 195 x 80 mm, (7.6 x 3.1 inches), of table area, ReadEasy Move 2's footprint is 43% smaller than previous versions.
- Weight: ReadEasy Move 2 is one of the world's lightest free standing reading machine at just 1.60 kg, (3.5 lbs), making it easy to take with you or pack away.
- Versatility: Read almost any surface, flat or round. ReadEasy Move 2's camera allows it to capture deep into the spines of books without flattening them, as well as read 3D objects like tins.
- Advanced features available: The Low Vision Touch Feature packs greatly increase the capabilities of ReadEasy Move 2 e.g. saving, importing, exporting, bookmarking documents and large print text output to a screen.
- Single A4 page reading
- Incredibly high accuracy when reading both simple & complicated material, analyses the page layout to identify & read columns
- Bank statement mode
- 21 reading speeds
- Adjustable LED lighting
- Supports 30 languages & automatically detects
- Detachable camera
- Simple 6 button control
- 3D de-skewing & large depth of field allows book capture up to 10cm thick
- Intelligent motion detection increases accuracy & is ideal for book reading
Keypad Feature Pack
This feature pack is for anyone who wishes to have a little more functionality from their ReadEasy Move 2. The main reasons users wish to have this pack are as follows:
- Continuous reading for books and longer documents.
- Reading more than one language.
- Saving and retrieving documents.
- Finer navigation control.
- Editing pages.
The pack includes a tactile, 22 button wired keypad which connects to the ReadEasy Move 2.
As standard, a keypad overlay is also provided which reduces the total number of accessible buttons to just 10, simplifying the learning process. This simply clips over the keypad so it can easily be removed or re-attached at any time.
Low Vision Touch Feature Pack
This feature pack is for users with some usable vision who wish to use the latest touch screen technology to access their documents.
The main reasons users wish to have this pack are as follows:
- If you have some usable vision and would like the option to either read your document yourself, or listen to it, or do both at the same time.
- Use a video magnifier system but are finding it difficult, tiring or frustrating to read at higher magnifications due to the constant movement of the text.
- Want to be able to examine diagrams or read tabular information.
- Image showing ReadEasy Move 2 Low Vision Feature Pack's included trackball.
- Want to be able to magnify documents at up to 40x in real-time. This is useful for examining items or reading hand written letters that cannot be recognised and read automatically.
- Want to be able to choose exactly where to start the reading of your document, or easily move between different sections of your document.
The Low Vision Touch pack includes an easy to use, large button trackball, which makes selecting where you want to read from very straightforward. Simply position the large customisable cursor over the word you want to read from and click. ReadEasy Move 2 instantly starts reading to your from that word!
All secondhand units come with a one year warranty.
For more information on this, or more of our discounted secondhand units, please give us a call on 01775 711 977.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review
ReadEasy Move 2 Specifications
Time to read: Approx 2 seconds
Time to start up: Approx 10 seconds
Camera resolution: 5 mega pixels
Depth of focus: approximately 10 cm / 4 inches
Footprint: (W x D) 195 x 80 mm / 7.6 x 3.1 inches
Dimensions with camera detached(W x D x H): 195 x 80 x 210 mm / 7.6 x 3.1 x 8.3 inches
Dimensions with camera attached - Footprint unchanged (W x D x H): 195 x 230 x 264 mm / 7.6 x 9.1 x 10.4 inches
Weight: 1.60 kg / 3.5 lbs
Power: 110 - 240 volts AC adapter to 12V DC. Total cable length 3 metres (10 feet)
Headphone socket: Standard 3.5 mm
USB connections: 4 x USB 3.0 / 2x USB 2.0 / 1x HDMI + 1x DVI (Low Vision Pack Only)
ReadEasy Move Low Vision / Low Vision Touch Feature Pack Additional Specifications
Magnification Range Live: Up to 40x (screen size dependent)
Magnification Range Captured: Effectively unlimited
Visualisations: 6. Image, Overlay, Column, Horizontal, Vertical and Word
Enhanced Colour Combinations: Customisable (64 combinations)